- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
Hampta Pass Trekking
About the Adventure of Hampta Pass Trekking :
The Hampta Pass trek is a must-do for first-timers who want to get a taste of Himalayan adventure! Unlike most treks that begin in a rural village, the simplest access point for this hike is Manali, at an elevation of 14,100 feet.
The most appealing aspect of Hampta Pass trekking is that it connects the magnificent regions of Kullu and Lahaul. The region’s awe-inspiring sceneries and natural vegetation, not to mention the abundance of unique Himalayan birds and orchids spotted here, attract a large number of hikers.
There are two versions of this tour:
1) Circular Hampta Pass (4D/3N)
2) Hampta Pass (5D/4N) with Chandratal
- Tents for three people to share, with one tent sheltering three people.
- Veggie. Nutritious Meal on the Trail
- Transportation from Manali to Jobra and back from Chatru to Manali Bolero, Max, or other vehicles identical to those used on the Manali to Jobra and back from Chatru to Manali journeys
Please keep in mind that There are two versions of this package: a) Hampta Pass b) Hampta Pass c) 2) Hampta Pass with Chandratal; for option 1) Hampta Pass, Chandratal tour and return transportation are not included.
- Heavy woollen and fleece clothing, rain-proof jackets, sunglasses, wind-proof coats, and thermal innerwear are all wardrobe requirements.
- A strong backpack with a waterproof or water-resistant liner
- Snow boots, trekking poles, and trekking shoes
- Lip balms, moisturisers
- a whistle, a torch, a water bottle, extra polythene bags for damp garments
- Wear suitable fitting trekking boots to keep warm and avoid frostbite from frigid temperatures.
- Avoid wearing thick socks or more than one pair of socks for healthy blood circulation.
- Wear track pants instead of denim jeans.
- Snacks and junk food should be avoided.
- Disposable plastic water bottles and plastic-wrapped items should not be used.
- Always keep a couple of pairs of warm underwear in your bag.
- Wear gloves and a waterproof jacket.
- Always pack light and only bring what you need.
- Your identification evidence must be carried with you at all times.
- If you cancel your trip less than 30 days before the start date, you will be charged 50% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- If you cancel within 0-30 days of the trip's start date, you will be charged 100% of the entire tour cost as cancellation fees.
- Certain tours or activities may be cancelled due to unanticipated weather circumstances or regulatory restrictions. In such instances, the operator will do everything possible to provide a viable alternative. However, there would be no financial refund for the same.
- Cancellations must adhere to the cancellation conditions listed on the website, regardless of the date of booking.
- Within 24 hours of a successful booking, the customer receives an email confirmation voucher.
- In the event that the customer's preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate timetable will be created and a new confirmation voucher will be given via email.
- Alternatively, the consumer may cancel their reservation prior to confirmation and receive a full refund.
- Within 10 business days, the applicable refund amount will be processed.
From Manali, drive to Jobri, then trek from Jobri to Chika.
Set out on a picturesque trek to Kullu after arriving in Manali about noon. Both of these towns, which are adjacent to each other, are surrounded by magnificent mountains and gorgeous meadows, and offer a comfortable climate to their guests. Return to Manali and check into a lodge or hotel after completing this scenic trip.
After lunch at the hotel/lodge, take a short drive to Jobri to begin the Hampta Pass trekking. Stunning views of the Vashisht Temple, which is the source of natural hotsprings, a quaint settlement called Johari, several small villages, and Prerni, a snow-covered hamlet, may be seen along the way. During the trip, you will also see a plethora of temporary thached cottages.
When you arrive in Jobri, you will notice a concrete bridge; cross this bridge and begin your trip to Chika. Trek for around 2-3 hours, keeping left from the bridge, until you reach Chika. Check into the camps when you get in the hamlet and spend the night there with a delicious dinner.
Balu Ka Ghera is a trek that begins in Chika and ends at Balu Ka Ghera.
Today, wake up, eat your breakfast, and get ready for the adventure ahead! Following the regular Chika camp pathways, you will come to a wooden bridge, which you will cross to reach a stream with a great density and velocity of water. If you continue left from here, you will gain some elevation and pass through a floral meadow and a gorgeous stream. After crossing this stream, you'll arrive at Bhalu Ka Ghera, which is where brown bears hibernate. When you get in Bhalu Ka Ghera, check into the camp and retire for the day; supper and overnight accommodations will be provided in the camp.
Balu Ka Ghera - Hampta Pass - Siagoru Trek
Because you'll be ascending to the pass within the day, it will be the most beautiful day of the Hampta Pass hike!
Begin your trip early in the morning, keeping left to the valley and passing across the icy meadows. Following that, the hike will become more fascinating as you will be able to see the seductive beauty of the area with each step; for photographers, this is a fantastic location. Mother Nature's allure and charm can be captured here.
If you keep going left, you'll eventually reach the Hampta Pass! Take in the careful beauty of the surrounds, get some refreshments and food from adjacent stalls, and unwind for a while. After that, leave the pass and begin a fantastic journey to Lahaul.
On this trek, which is located 14,000 feet above sea level, you will see an entire valley buried in thick snow. Though crossing this valley is not very tough, the last bridge in the area may present some difficulties. The trip will descend towards Siagoru, the day's final objective, after crossing Lahaul.
Siagoru, at 13,000 feet above sea level, is a wonderful camping spot with magnificent mountains, babbling rivers, and beautiful streams. Finally, after a total of 14 kilometres of hiking, retire to the camp for the night.
Trek from Siagoru to Chatru, then drive to Chandartal from Chatru.
You will cross the river that can be seen from the tent this morning. While the first half of this walk is an easy and gentle stroll, the second half will be more difficult as the trail becomes steeper and takes you over rocky terrain. After making your way all the way to the Chandra River, you will finally be able to see it.
Chandra is a high-altitude river that flows along the Manali-Kaza Highway and is flanked on both sides by magnificent mountains. The most beautiful aspect of this river is that, while the mountains on one side are covered in snow, the mountains on the other side are barren!
Finally, after a 5-hour trek, you will arrive in Chatru, from whence a pleasant drive will take you to Chandartal, the day's final destination.
From Chatru, drive to Chandratal Lake, then to Manali.
On the last day of the walk, drive to Manali through a route that runs from mid-July to the end of October and leads to Chandratal Lake at 14,000 feet. The trail is adorned by Tibetan prayer flags and the sight of the lake's pristine waters. During the other months, you'll have to use the Kunzum La route, which provides a spectacular view of the Chandra Bhaga range. Your Hampta Pass trip comes to an end after crossing a total of 200 kilometres and arriving at Manali.
Entry or Permits for the trek (Sleeping Bags, Mattress, Kitchen and Dining Tents, Utensils, Crampon) First Aid and Medical Kits, Oxygen Cylinder, and Stretcher)
Professional trek leader, guide, and support staff who are qualified and experienced
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found